Many of you that know me have heard me say time and again that a website is about content. Flashy intros and cool graphics can certainly give you a cool image. But ultimately if the visitor to your site cannot find the information he/she is seeking or pages take to long to load, you will lose them.
Goals for your website!
What do you want your website to do for you? You are not going to achieve your goal if you do not know what those goals are. Do you want more business, more sales, more clients? Do you want your website to take work load off staff or yourself by relaying important and useful information? Is your website properly optimized to today’s SEO standards?
What is a short term goal, then maybe a longer term goal for your web presence? Ask yourself and answer these questions and lets build a website.
Things to keep in mind:
- Don’t over think what you want to accomplish. Rule #1 content is what web surfers are looking for. Flashy graphics and complicated layouts will not create traffic to your site.
- Template sites do not work! Yes, they look really great and everything is graphically perfect with pretty pictures and buttons but, they are not unique and search engines will not pick them up. Try a dynamic site format (like one of our WordPress CMS sites) and concentrate on content and traffic and the search engines will come. You’ve heard: location location location for your business site – on your website it is: content content content!
- If you want a winning website that will get views – get serious about it. Take the time to make changes to your site and add content. We can design a site that is easily changeable. Add a blog, write about things in you industry. Become an expert and watch your site traffic and your business grow.
- Build intrigue. Find a way to use headings that will interest your website readers. Then, if possible get them to sign up for more information or a free pamphlet or a monthly newsletter.
- Don’t give away the store. If you do have something to say and important and valuable information to relay, at the very least ask your clients to sign-up to get the information. We can set up an auto-responder to automate the process and you can build a mailing list to grow your business with!
To Have Clear Focused Content Answer These 2 Questions:
- What are the Actual (tangible) client benefits that you provide with your products and services
- For each of the above, what specific problem does this solve for your client. (focus on client problems and solutions)
- Who are you specifically solving those problems for (business type, individual, department – be specific and find your client and their profile)
- Exactly How are your services or products a solution for those problems (as concise as you can explain how you solve the problem)
- What business are you really in? (Use the above to help you determine)
As a reminder did I say: Content! Content! Content! Don’t forget to check out our Rank Excellence program: http://onQre.com, has a ton of information about how to build your online brand and finally get your business seen and stop losing customers to the competition.